Tuesday, April 19, 2011

WATASHI WA (NAMAE) DESU (SCHEDULED, AGAIN)

I'm just gonna post smth about me today. Okay, right nao y'all shld know that my name is Cherie, pronounced as sha-REE, SHER-ee


Everytime one is brought to a new environment, it is expected to introduce yourself right? I don't actually introduce myself as sha-REE, SHER-ee; i'll always just say Cherry hahahaha. It's weird i know! Everyone asks me, how do i pronounced your name? And i'll just go, nevermind just call me Cherry. Like srsly i know right, it's gonna be weird if i heard my friends call me sha-REE or SHER-ee because the only people that ever calls me that are my family, my relatives, my cousins etc.

And before you call me stupid or what, hear me out..

During my nursery days, pronunciations are problems to some of us (maybe all) because we don't even know how to spell, or how to pronounce to be exact. In nursery, my teachers always introduced me as Cherry/Sherry and ya'll know usually in nursery everyone is just friends with just anyone and we all get along fine and we'll just call each other by names that the teacher introduced us as! Because of that i'm stucked w/ the name Cherry/Sherry; from nursery to kindergarten to primary school and so on, i've never bothered to tell people that the actual pronunciation of my name is SHER-ee (or if you'd like, it's CHER-ee) because i don't see any point. Whether or not the pronunciation of my name is correct, it wouldn't earn me more or less friends.

Until in poly, my teachers actually asked me to tell them the actual pronunciation! They were like, it's your name, you have to tell me what you want to be called! LOL. Still, i've not asked anyone to call me CHER-ee because i'm alr used to the name Cherry for like almost a decade! Hahahaha, right there i'm done w/ smth about myself (though i think i sound confusing but oh well, haha!) I hope you're not confused by me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment